When the National School Board Association issued a letter to the Biden administration to address the “threat” of heated, parent-led protests against pornographic sex ed, trans bathroom policies, critical race theory, and ongoing pandemic-related mandates and lockdowns as being akin to “domestic terrorism” and “hate crimes,” the Biden administration quickly followed suit.
While the NSBA has suffered royally for hysterical tone of the missive and has since been hemorrhaging member organizations, many of which have cut ties completely with the national group, the Biden Department of Justice rose to the occasion, establishing a task force to address the supposedly terrifying threat of parents vocalizing their outrage over policies and curricula in the schools their children attend and their tax dollars fund.
Well, it turns out that, according to an email leak from a pro-parental rights group, it was the Biden administration that requested that the NSBA write the letter…to the Biden administration.
According to emails obtained by Parents Defending Education, President Joe Biden’s Secretary of Education, Miguel Cardona, solicited the letter from NSBA officers, which was sent to the White House on September 29.
The DOJ responded with their plan to target the “domestic terrorists” protesting school boards a week later.
The Department of Education has denied that Secretary Cardona issued the request, the National Review reported.
All the same, the NSBA secretary-treasurer Kristi Swett wrote in an October 5th email that the organization’s interim CEO, Chip Slavern, “told the officers he was writing a letter to provide information to the White House, from a request by Secretary Cardona.”
The emails also revealed that the group had been closely coordinating with the White House before issuing the controversial letter.
Slavern wrote that “in talks over several weeks with White House staff, they requested additional information on some of the specific threats, so the letter also details many of the incidents that have been occurring.”
“Should this allegation be true, it would reveal that this administration’s pretextual war on parents came from the highest levels,” Parents Defending Education president Nicole Neily, told Fox News. “If Secretary Cardona was truly involved in this ugly episode, it is a significant breach of public trust, and he should be held accountable.”
You can say that again.
This story syndicated with permission from Chad Prather